See more over at instagram!
All posts in category PLAY
vacations, day trips, road trips, camping, out and about
Posted by MIYO on July 14, 2013
Salt Lake City always has something fantastic going on and we hope to see you around town! Here’s some awesome happenings:
- Just in case you had no idea – Nov. 6th is Election Day, please vote!
- Finch Lane Gallery’s Exhibits – Maureen O’Hara Ure, Matt Kruback, Marina I. Alexandrescu thru the 16th
- The BOB Project by Brolly Arts until the 30th. Located at the I-15 underpass on 300 North and 700 west, between the Jackson and Guadaloupe neighborhoods of Salt Lake City.
- Science Movie Night: Never Cry Wolf, based on the book by Farley Mowat. Free Admission at the City Library on the 13th from 7-9pm
- Always a band to fit your own tune… such as Minus the Bear on the 6th, and The Devil Makes Three on the 17th at The Depot , FYI – there is always a great line-up at The State Room like Ben Sollee on the 15th and Sean Hayes (SO excited about this!) on the 16th.
- Wicked-er is playing at the Desert Star Playhouse thru the 10th, then from Nov. 15th thru Jan. 5th it’s My Big Fat Utah Christmas. This playhouse always does a great job! Speaking of plays – The Pioneer Theatre Company is putting on A Christmas Carol starting the 30th.
- Get your run on – there are plenty of opportunities this November! The Donut Dash, the Turkey Trot, and more! Click here for updates and info
- We’re still waiting on an opening date from Trader Joe’s . . . hurry please! They have the best Pearl Couscous mix and Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel bars mmmmm….yum.
- Life In Color: Salt Lake City, UT – 2012 E.N.D Tour on Sat, November 10th at 8:00 pm in the Great Saltair
There’s something for everyone, so we hope you’ll be out and about in this fantastic November weather while it lasts!
Posted by MIYO on November 5, 2012
The spooks will be out soon. One of our neighbors is already lighting up the night with orange and purple lights. I find myself browsing the web trying to find the perfect costume for Halloween. I thought I would share some really awesome wigs that I came across in my search for the ultimate costume… hopefully I’ll decide on a costume soon, but these were fun finds! If anyone has insight to a great costume, let me know!
Posted by MIYO on September 11, 2012
It’s Farmer’s Market Season and I’m really excited to have the local artisans food and crafts at my fingertips again! I’m a sucker for fresh food and hand-made wares. The most popular Farmer’s Market in our area is the Salt Lake City Farmer’s Market put on by the Downtown Alliance. Click HERE for more information. Sometimes I just can’t make it there Saturday morning, so it’s so great to be able to go to this one on a Tuesday. And if your looking for those little gems, some of my other favorite Farmer’s Market’s are:
And if you’re up for a quick drive… Park City Farmer’s Market …this one is great to go buy some fresh food and hit the trails for a beautiful hike afterwards!
Posted by MIYO on June 13, 2012